Day 19: Vancouver, 17.99 miles

September 14th, 2009

I finally discovered why my back wheel has been failing; it was because it had a large crack in the rim. Much of the day was spent cycling around the bike shops of Vancouver to a) learn more than a man ever needs to know about bicycle wheels, b) find out that that bike wheels are not cheap, and c) discover that few stores actually stock wheels but many people were happy to build me one which was even more expensive and not entirely trustworthy quality -- after all, to build a wheel you have to know what you are doing, don't you?

I did however find myself a $5 Indian curry lunch and soon discovered why it was only $5...it was because they skimped on the chicken. Fortunately my Mother's years of tutelage came into play, and I soon corrected them on the error of their ways! A good full belly for me, but not such a good experience for the person following me into the bathroom at the youth hostel the next morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment