Day 10: Clearwater - Kamloops, 74.76 miles

September 5th, 2009

While making my way from Clearwater to Kamploops, I stopped in a town called Barrière. There was big excitement happening in town. The annual rodeo was on, and I was faced with a bit of a dilemma. Should I spend the $10 to go the rodeo (something I've never been to before), or would the $10 entry fee be better off in my pocket. In the end, I decided to miss all the excitement and continue on to Kamploops.

During the day's ride there was a dramatic change scenery. Apparently Blue River is classified as having a temperate rain forest, whereas Kamloops is regarded as being in a dessert. I was quite taken aback by the sudden change.

I also saw some dear on the ride today. Finally left the highway...and with it, the logging trucks, which can get a bit tedious at times. Crossed the river by a free boat and rode down a fantastic quiet country road from McClure into Kamloops while watching the sunset.I slept behind the back of a church (in my tent) and spent the whole night paranoid that I was going to get caught and found myself up really early in the morning. I didn't get caught and everything was fine, but I think I'll opt for more sensible, free places for camping in future.

No comments:

Post a Comment