Day 12: Kamloops to Cache Creek, 55.76 miles

September 7th, 2009

He shoots he scores! Today I got myself a free breakfast at the Holiday Inn. I had made a quick stop there to ask directions and asked - almost in passing - if they knew of a good cheap place to eat. I was invited by the nice lady to their breakfast, and there was no need to ask me twice! It was by far the best breakfast I've had so far and it was all free!

What I've been seeing lately is really dry country (resembling a cowboy movie - I may have stole that line from the Daily Planet but it is true). I also spoke to Mum today who is making good progress and had been out for lunch with next door neighbour's, the Granny's for lunch.

I passed Deadman River, obviously they had named a river after my friend Paul who goes by the very same surname. It was a tough climb up to the top of a pass, but it provided a spectacular view over the lake. Later, I arrived in Cache Creek to have a few ales at the local tavern. Apparently the barman had only made $100 the day before. Somehow I could understand why...

Perhaps slightly drunk after one too many refreshing ales, I set up my tent at the back of the park and went to sleep, worrying a little (once again) about my illegal camping activities. In the end, I needn't have...the next morning, all the grounds keepers came by and gave me a very hearty hello, not the least bit concerned about where I was camped.

No comments:

Post a Comment