Day 7: Lucerne - Valemont, 63.50 miles

September 2nd, 2009

Much of today was spent cycling through Mt. Robson Park on the Yellowhead Highway. To prove their was no end to my camping culinary expertise, I mixed up my now-regular pasta lunch with some Kraft Dinner instead of pasta and Ragu. I sat by Mt. Robson and enjoyed the view.

I also spoke to my Dad today. Mum's surgery had gone well with no complications so that was very good news.

Later, I took a short hike to the Overlander Falls and read the story of the Overlanders. Makes you think of what they must have gone through all in the search of gold. I also stopped by Mt. Terry Fox -- his story makes my ride look like an amble stroll around the park. Incredible guy!

Then it was into Valemont, where I treated myself to a Chinese dinner...and I think I may have kept the Chinese in business for the evening seeing as I was their only customer. Valemont can generously be described as a one horse town. Just to make it better while I was there, they were digging up the whole high street so you had to dodge round JCBs to get to the shops...or should I say shop...well, maybe I'm being harsh...I think there were three shops there.

I spent the night at the local RV park which was run by an elderly Korean couple. Proud of my negotiating skills, I successfully bargained them down to $10 for the night and was able to enjoy the first shower in a while. Phewy or should that be Pooey...

No comments:

Post a Comment