Day 18: Vancouver, 15.22 miles

September 13th, 2009


I spent the day wandering around Vancouver and seeing the sights, including Stanley Park and Granville Island Public Market. As I rode my bike around Stanley Park, I discovered there was a one way system involved. I discovered this as cyclists going the other way kindly pointed this out to me, using expressions such as "Excuse me, sir, but you appear to be heading in the wrong direction. Would you mind ever so much doing an about turn?"... Well, o.k., that wasn't quite their exact terminology, but I am fairly sure that was the message they were trying to convey!

I met one lady with her young son next to her playing on the beach. Surrounding the young lad were hundreds of piles of rocks that had all carefully been balanced on top of each other. The lady turned to me as I was admiring them and said in a very unassuming voice "He has been at it all day!" - obviously he hadn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment