Day 17: Mission - Vancouver, 49.47 miles

September 12th, 2009

Today, I had a great ride into Vancouver yet again treated to fantastic weather. The weather gods have certainly been on my side for this trip! Started coming through the Vancouver suburbs and it felt good to be back into a big city.

I caught up with a charity bike ride and was pleased that, despite my load, I was able to keep up with them. One older gentleman, I fear, did not share my pleasure as he blasphemed in my direction something as I overtook. I also helped one guy on the ride who had a puncture. He seemed to have all the fancy flash gear but didn't actually know how to fix a puncture!

Arrived in Vancouver to find the first hostel I arrived at full. This definitely was not cricket. Everywhere else I had been was pretty much closing down for the end of the season, so I was a bit taken aback to find somewhere full. After a bit of searching, I ended up in the HI which was probably a better bet.

I spent the evening wandering around Vancouver and felt particularly under-dressed with everyone (particularly the women) were dressed to the nines for their Saturday night on the town. I, on the other hand, was in my rather fetching $2 sandals, socks included of course - always a fashion statement.

I feel I am definitely becoming fitter and my stomach doesn't look quite so festivally plump (to quote South Park's Cartman - "I am not fat, I am festivally plump").

No comments:

Post a Comment