Day 3: Lake Louise, 30.20 miles

August 29th, 2009

After a quick stop at the horribly overpriced supermarket, I decided to stay in Lake Louise another night because of all the good things to see here. I spent my day cycling up to both Lake Louise and Moraine Lake, and they were both absolutely spectacular. The ride to both were not easy, but so lovely to see...and I enjoyed the pleasure of not having a fully loaded bike for the day.

Thinking the youth hostel was a bit pricey, I decided to stay at a campsite and shared the spot with a few other backpackers. One backpacker had been travelling for the past 3.5 years on his beautifully maintained 1973 BMW motorbike, visiting far off places including Australia and Russia all on German plates. He mentioned that his travels couldn't last forever though and would likely have to stop in the next 2.5 years to return to the business he shared with his brother (who apparently has been slightly annoyed by his business partner's nearly 4-year absence).

I seem to lose all sense of self-consciousness inside my tent, so I didn't feel the need to worry about my snoring so much this night (for some reason, being inside a tent gives a false illusion of sound proofing - obviously not the case). I've decided that I prefer sleeping in my tent though. I feel more comfortable there, I enjoy the bit of privacy I get, and it's a lot cheaper too ($7 as opposed to $42 in the hostel).

No comments:

Post a Comment